Wednesday, January 8, 2014

How To: Use Chalkboard Paint on a Cabinet

I'm thinking this chalkboard trend is going to be something our kids as adults house hunting are going to be annoyed with- like why are all the cabinets chalkboards? and the doors?
But I'm a blogger and a pinterester and we had a cabinet on an end we thought would be cute as a chalkboard for little messages or daily dinner menus.
 
This was a super fast and easy project too- I sanded down the wood and cleaned it off with a damp cloth.  Then I rollered on some chalkboard paint.
I did about 4 coats until I thought it looked good, and did each coat about every half an hour- once it was really dry to the touch.
I waited a few days before using it and voila!

 

8 comments:

  1. How cute - that does seem to be the trend, I can see adding a border or something to spruce it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since we haven't been living in our own house, we just used a plain old dry erase board for meal planning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!! I wish I had somewhere to put chalkboard paint... Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! But how do you reach it to write anything on it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahaha....I love it - all our kids are going to be posting on blogs about how to 'remove' chalkboard paint when they are our age.

    It looks awesome, tho! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought the same thing about the next generation wondering about all the chalkboard paint! Haha! BUT they have it pretty good. I can remember when we moved in our house (when i was little) my parents were amazed at the 70's wallpaper everywhere! In the whole house! At least most people chalkboard only one wall or one door!!! Or one small area! :) Haha!

    I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE how this turned out! I think chalkboard signs like this are so fun!!

    ReplyDelete