Tuesday, January 7, 2014

House Tour: Master Bedroom 'After'

When we moved in to our house we were lucky enough that it seemed mostly everything was freshly painted.  If we wanted something painted it was purely for aesthetics and personal preference.
Most of the main upstairs and the master bedroom/bathroom was painted this light sandy color, and the entire house was accented in reds/greens/browns.  It was nice, but not completely our style.
I always wanted a gray bedroom with white trim.  We spent our first weekend painting our bedroom and I still love it.  The only other thing we swapped were the curtains- I got two white panels on clearance at Target for under $10.
 

 




 
 
 
A few weeks later we did the bathroom the purple I wanted- but it turned out way purpleyer than I planned. Instead of 'spa-like' I got 'tween'. Oh well. 
 

see House Tour: Before
the family room 'After'

21 comments:

  1. I love what your did with it. The colors are great, now please come redue my room :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like what you did. Good job Syndal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your bedroom!! I love anything white/gray... it's a crazy obsession. But, it looks great with your furniture and décor! My friend painted her bathroom purple as well and it turned out lovely. It was a lighter shade. Sorry you didn't get the results you wanted -- it's a shame paint is funny like that ;/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE THIS. John and I might end up renting a house from a friend and the first thing I want to do is paint the room grey and get white curtains! CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colors :) Looks great, Syndal!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks fantastic! We did our bedroom gray, too! Makes me want to take pics.

    I love your spa-like bathroom!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how the bedroom turned out!!! Looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great! our bedroom is a gray color and I hated it at first, but now I love it. Your gray is a bit darker than ours and I really, really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The "after" turned out so awesome! I love gray and white!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I LOVE the colors in the bedroom. Looks really nice and relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooooo I really like the gray! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing! Looks like it belongs on Pinterest! I want to use gray, but I live in Washington and I always feel like the interior of my house needs a little happy color to make the sky seem less gloomy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow your choice is gorgeous! Our house is mostly gray. I love it. My bedroom though is not, but someday! Very nice color choice- it looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am in love with your bedroom gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is exactly like our master "suite"! I love our grey bedroom, but the purple bathroom turned out MUCH brighter than I had planned... Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love how your bedroom looks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your bedroom!! I think you did such a good job styling it too--the pictures above the bed are so pretty. Question for you--where did you get the picture of you and Pete in your room? The one that has the writing on it? I like that so much!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your bedroom came out FABULOUS!!!! Grey is such an underrated color. You can accessorize with so many different color schemes.

    www.sunshinesweettea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the after and that gray color! You did such a great job!!

    ReplyDelete