Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy 2014

We started our New Year's Eve just how we usually do every year-
By trying to figure out what to do and how best to celebrate.
And then every year we end up doing pretty much exactly the same thing, in similar sparkly outfits, with usually the same people.
This year was a bit different, actually, and it was so fun.

We're getting to that point where most of us fight wanting to party it up while still toning it down.  And I think we found that balance last night.
We started at Osaka for a hibachi dinner which was expensive delicious and fun.
me, britt, stene

me and petey
 

K and Becca boo
 
p.s. sequin skirts were a thing this year. I matched 1 out of every 4 girls last night.

After dinner we drove down the street to Wild Bill's (where we usually Bargo) which apparently turns in to a dance party at night.  They had some good drink specials, the middle aged DJ did take our requests (which doesn't always happen at our bars downtown) and we rang in the new year dancing and laughing, and we were in bed by 1:30am.  

And I drank just the right amount that wasn't too much and I could get good sleep and not feel like a total slug today.  These little life lessons are the parts of getting older that I enjoy :)

We didn't get done nearly as much as I had planned for the first day of 2014 (cleaning, errands and going to the gym), instead we upgraded my cell phone, had big juicy cheeseburgers for lunch, and then lounged with the kitties in front of the fireplace.

Happy New Year friends!

8 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!!! I also had intentions of maybe going to the gym today too which did not happen lol maybe tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an awesome beginning to the new year! Ah to have friends that still like to go out and dance...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your sparkly skirt! I am definitely putting working out back at the top of my resolution list for 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dumbest question ever, but what brand foundation do you use? Your skin is always glowing.

    Oh yeah, Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete