Monday, December 30, 2013

2013 Major Highlights

Work!
I struggled a little bit in my first year as a nurse practitioner, but really started to stumble along and figure out my path.  Now that I've reached my first year (and now beyond) I'm really starting to develop this career thing.


Vacations!
Washington, DC for a work trip in May and a Vegas Bachelorette party that same month!


 
In July we had a family vacation on Lake Mille Lacs where we got eaten alive by mosquitos and saw Paul Bunyan for the first time since we were way too young to remember him.  And my nephew Orrin was SO amazed that he knew his name- SO worth it.
 
 


Weddings!
My friend Katy got married in August -

 

A couple weeks after that Pete was a best man for his friend's wedding in Duluth-
 
 
And then in October our very own lawyer-blogger got married, and I was honored to help set up her reception- a huge deal for a Bride!

the bride with her little busy bee's
 

Milestones!
In April, Pete and I bid on a house (and bid and bid and bid), had our offer accepted, and then lost what we thought was our dream house a week before we were scheduled to close.  We were devastated to lose that house and we had a really hard time for a few months.

Somewhere along the way this year I've grown to love some awesome MN Bloggers!



In July I celebrated my 28th birthday with my best friends and I tried oysters for the first time!

In September we closed on our real house! And had a fall-themed housewarming a few weeks later.
 
 
 
 
In December I threw a 30th Birthday Party for Pete.

Isn't he cute?
He even shaved is NovemBeard for a few weeks.
 
And now we're coming down from the holidays and getting ready for 2014- which already guarantees a trip to Hawaii and a trip to Boston built in from a work trip for our 2nd wedding anniversary.  We only have more to look forward to! Happy New Year!

10 comments:

  1. Aww, I LOVE thIs! Cheers to 2014!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I LOVE thIs! Cheers to 2014!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had an awesome year! Love all the awesome outfits your had =) Hope 2014 is great for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like an awesome year! 2014 can only be better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man! Hawaii AND Boston! Two of my personal favorite places in the US. I'm so glad I found your blog this year. Happy 2014! I can't wait to see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Syndal, an awesome year had by you and Pete! I remember writing a comment you first day as an NP, and look at your bad self, now! Nothing but good things for you and the Mr in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing year, Syndal!! I look forward to hanging out more with you in 2014!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 2013 looked like a great year for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great year 2013 was for you!! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love seeing your year in review. Hope you have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete