Being a bit short for money after buying our house, we jumped on the chance to get a table & chairs set from my aunt. We knew it needed a bit of work but it would hold us for a while until we can afford a nicer set, and then we'll move this table down in to our craft room eventually.
So this is what we started with.
We thought the tables and chairs were already white. Until we started painting them white. (My aunt smokes in her house).
So then we decided we had reupholster the cushions. They were too smoky and yellowed.
We flipped each chair over and removed the seat with a simple screwdriver.
Then we pulled staples to remove the fabric. I used a chisel to remove each staple and when Pete came to help he used a blade to just cut around the fabric so he didn't have to remove any staples :/
We ended up using the existing cushion because apparently foam is super duper expensive so we just febreezed and aired them out.
We got two yards of fabric for 4 chairs and had a lot of extra fabric. We used the old fabric as a template for general sizing to cut the new pattern with. I cut squares based on what I wanted centered on each chair cushion.
And then we YouTubed how to do corners that don't wrinkle- be sure to look it up, it is WORTH it.
And we stapled the crap out of the fabric and cut off the extra.
Then, just re-screw to the chair.