We had an amazing summer planning the wedding and celebrating with friends and family. And now we are enjoying ourselves going to happy hour, daydreaming up future trips, and most importantly-sleeping in on the weekends.
And so I said to myself, 'self, let's wait a little bit before the baby thing.' And I was fine. But then both of our sisters had babies recently. And they're oh-so-cute and oh-so-squishy and now I kind of want a baby sooner rather than later.
But I still do realize there are some advantages to waiting, and there are some things I'd like to do before giving the baby thing a try.
- Get our own damn place to live. Hubby & I are still living with my parents, but that's because you can't move in the winter in Minnesota. So come springtime we are outta here-apartment, townhouse, house-house, cardboard box-we need to learn how to live with just each other for the first time ever.
- Learn how to cook. And I mean several different meals that are made from scratch, not boxes. And I also need to stop being afraid of cooking meat. A sub-goal of this is regular meal planning as well.
- Lose weight. This is not only a regular goal of mine, but I know I need to be my healthiest in order to nourish a baby and then to set a healthy example for the kidlets.
- Get off the meds. I've been on an antidepressant now for almost 3 years and I want to be completely medication free for a pregnancy.
- Learn one sustaining skill, such as sewing or knitting.
- Tackle my credit card debt. My school loans will be with me until I die, but I would like to completely rid myself of my unnecessary debt burden. And with that, I'd like for Pete & I to continue to work on our budget, and then actually stick with it.
- Go on a real honeymoon with Pete. We called Florida our 'mini-moon' because it was just an easy trip that saved us some money, but we would really love to go on a bigger trip out of the country.
- Buy one ridiculous purchase that I won't be able to justify once I have a baby. This will either be a beautiful, expensive purse, or some sort of Tacori jewelry item.