I am so surprised how in to this show I am, but it is so good!
I wasn't sure how far they could really take this zombie apocalypse and make us still care about the characters but I think this season has been just as intense as the first. I've read a few other articles from people that think not much has been happening yet, but I think SO much has happened, especially in character development.
- Shane - He's the guy that is kinda bad but you think he might be good, but really he does things that aren't so noble. Pete likes his muscles, but that's besides the point. I knew when he was shaving his head at the beginning of the episode, he had a little bit of evil in his face. Now the question is - did he shoot Otis out of selfishness so he could get away? Why didn't he shoot him in the head so he wouldn't have to suffer while all those zombies tore him apart? Was he really thinking of getting Carl the medical supplies so that's why he did it? I really hope Rick never finds out about him and Lori.
- Carl - More and more we are having to watch the characters face the decision about whether or not living through the apocalypse is better or worse than being dead. Knowing what I know about medical issues, thinking about this poor child being operated on (by a veterinarian!) in a house, in somebody's bed, makes me want to hard-core hoard antibiotics, painkillers and sedatives just in case. And P.S. -I'll give you a little secret about healthcare: You never tell your patients, and definitely not you're patient's parents in the case of pediatrics, that a. have never done a procedure or b. you're a veterinarian and not a surgeon. You always act like you know exactly what you're doing.
- Andrea - she needs drop the attitude. She's being super rude to everyone because her sister got bit and she wants to die. And also that other lady? Why would she not learn to use a gun??
- What I want to know - how come this farm house seems to be free of any walkers? Why do they seem not short for food at all? How are they going to get a post-operative Carl back on the road?
- I haven't read the comics and don't plan on it. I want to see how this all un-folds without having any idea what might happen because they can take it so many directions. Will Shane go out on his own? Will they find Sophia? What about Lori & Rick's relationship? How long before they find something that might be hopeful?
- I am SO hooooked! Happy Halloween!