Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Wedding Wednesday: I said YES to the dress!

I have been getting quite a few questions about the progress of my planning and I have some very exciting news to report!
I bought my wedding dress and veil last Saturday!

I went to the Wedding Shoppe here in St. Paul for my very first bridal appointment.  It's kind of the go-to place in the cities, and it's sort of a small yet very busy place so there was a limit to how many people could actually come with me.  That was fine by me because I was beyond nervous.  I barely slept the night before.  My group consisted of my mom, Pete's mom, my sister Sophie, and my matron of honor Michelle.
I walked in and told my mom I was going to throw up.  My mom then pointed out that that was why all the dresses were in bags.
It wasn't long before my excitement kicked in.
The dresses were so beautiful in real life!  I met my consultant person Meg (who was awesome) and showed her my pictures and told her what I was looking for.  I also shared my fabulous shoes which were then passed around the whole store (another post for another day!).  She started pulling some dresses and we got to look at a few more to pick, so I let each person in my group pull one for me.
Every single dress I picked, including the one I have been obsessing about for months, did not look right or feel right.  I knew right away which ones did not work and kept feeling like I was wearing costumes.  Needless to say, there were several I did not even show my group.  But it was SO fun trying on different styles and standing up on the pedestal and twirling around.  I loved it.
The very last dress left in the dressing room was one Pete's mom picked out for me, and to be honest-it looked boring in the bag.  Meg asked if I even wanted to try it on and my response was 'ehh. I guess.'  Michelle was in there too and was not impressed with the dress either.
She helped me get the dress on and I remember it just...felt good.  I didn't pay too much attention to the details and decided to go out to show the group.  A few little details changed (sorry guys, Pete reads this!) and suddenly everyone started saying they thought it was the one. 
The more I looked at myself in the mirror, the more I realized they were right.
I just felt so comfortable and pretty in the dress.  And I did not want to ever take it off!
The dress was not at all what I thought I would pick.  It wasn't anything I thought I was looking for.  But after wearing it, it felt like it was made for me.  And then they told me it was on SALE! It was just perfect.
I was delirious after that.  People started taking pictures and I was trying on different veils..they could have sold me 5 more things after that because I was saying Yes to everything.  It was a very surreal moment.
And because the dress was on sale, I have it in my possession.
Taunting me for 11 months.
But it is sooooo beautiful and I Love it so much!  I am so excited!!

10 comments:

  1. aww congrats! That's HUGE!!! So glad you love it!! You're going to feel SO beautiful and if you're anything like me, you'll NEVER want to take it off!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! You are going to be one beautiful bride no matter what you wear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on finding your perfect dress! I also chose a style that was different from what I originally thought I wanted, but that I absolutely loved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! How exciting. Having a dress makes it seem so much more real.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhhhhhhhh, how exciting! I wish you could post pictures, of course, but I'm glad you're keeping the mystery for Pete. And the shoes!! I want to see the shoes too! haha. Wedding details are just so much girly excitement.

    I am sure you will be GORGEOUS! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!! That's so exciting! Can't wait to see what it looks like! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe you got your dress!! SO exciting! And there goes so much of your wedding stress! And the fact that his mom picked it out for you?? It's just the best part of the whole story!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on finding your dress. That is very exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's where I got my dress too! Loved that place. Please tell me you then had lunch at Café Latte. (-:

    ReplyDelete