Monday, September 12, 2011

Our Crazy Garden

Being the outdoorsy type, Pete loves to garden.  If anybody asks him, he will say he does it for me because I like flowers, but we all know better.  Pete just loves to garden.  And he spends many an afternoon poking around out there.
Last year "we" just did some flowers, and this year Pete decided to do flowers and to also build a vegetable garden.  It's been so yummy to have fresh grown veggies all summer.  However, the flowers have gotten pretty out of control.  Like-a lot out of control.  They are definitely crowding eachother for space and they've all grown way more than we anticipated.
This first set of pictures was back in July when I thought they looked pretty.  The photos are steamy because it was so humid, and I was taking pictures because a storm was on the way and I was afraid our garden would be ruined.

 And here is what the garden looks like now.  Totally Little Shop of Horrors style.
Pete had to reinforce the trellis for the morning glories more than once.
those would be the veggies that are just about down feeding us.

Moral of the story: Miracle-Gro works.

10 comments:

  1. Oh girl! I wish my garden would grow like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so amazing!! I love the morning glories so much!! I tried to garden this year, but I was just out of town too too much and most of my things barely survived!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, GORGEOUS!! My husband loves to garden too (veggies and fruits) but leaves the flowers to me. Though... I kind of have a black thumb. Once I spent like $80 on flowers and forgot to dilute the miracle grow, so when I woke up in the morning the poor flowers were COMPLETELY fried up :-( I was sooo distraught. Thanks for sharing such beautiful photos-- you guys are lucky, they're amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello from Monday Mingle!

    Your flowers are absolutely gorgeous! I wish I could do this!!

    And PS...I *love* your name!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Over from Mingle Monday! LOVE your garden! How I wish I had one! But this summer here in Oklahoma has been so bad I think they would have died :(
    XOXO
    www.danceanddream4ever.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. It has been a good year for growing in your part of the country

    ReplyDelete
  7. New follower here from Mingle Monday hop. Your flowers are definitely happy ones. I hope you will take a moment to stop by my blog and check out my kind of fashion (hair jewelry). I'm not just trying to gain followers with hopping, I'm trying to spread the word about a product I love. Here's my url http://talesfrommyjournal.blogspot.com I also have a facebook page which is www.facebook.com/DeniseMartin.LillaRose I hope you can stop by there as well. It's the fastest way to hear about specials. Let me know if you have a facebook page too so I can return the favor.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You have a much greener thumb than I.

    xoxo, Nali

    P.S. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty flowers in your garden
    You must have a green thumb.

    Btw, thanks so much for your lovely comment.
    I'm now your newest follower via GFC.
    Hope you follow me back. Keep in touch!

    http://www.momfashionworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete